[wplug] Comcast and cable modems

Frank W. Holden Jr. frank.holden at comcast.net
Tue Jul 20 20:05:09 EDT 2004

I thought that all of you that have, thinking of getting or worried
about getting a modem registered on the Comcast network could register
from scratch or your NEW cable modem. I had to go through this crap
because ALL the people at Comcast are afraid of any OS other than
M$Win$nore!!!

Enjoy people!!!
Frank

These are the steps you have to take to register your cable modem on
the Comcast network using Internet Explorer within M$Win$nore.... This
can be done with ANY browser that allows you to enter these
settings... This means Linux people or some other OS users can
register their new modem on the Comcast network...

1. go to 'Internet Options'
2. goto the 'Connections' tab
3. click on the 'LAN Settings' button
4. Turn on 'Use proxy Server' with the following info
     Address: sas.r6.attbi.com  Port: 8000
5. Check 'Bypass proxy server' check box
6. Click 'Advanced' button
7. add in 'HTTP: sas.r6.attbi.com   port: 8000'
8. Check 'Use the same proxy server'
9. add in the box 'Exceptions: *.r6.attbi.com'

This will allow you to register your cable modem on the Comcast
network manually yourself. BE CAREFUL!!! They DO keep tabs on whether
or not you have more than ONE modem registered!!! They DO shut off
your service when they catch it, so you have to call in and have it
all fixed... SO YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED!!!!!!!!!!

--
Explanation - "Theory of RELATIVITY"

When you have a VERY HOT PAN in your hand
for a second, it seems like and hour!
When you have a VERY HOT WOMAN in you hands
for and hour, it ONLY seems like a second!!!