[wplug] Anyone know a good lawyer?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Jul 20 15:16:21 EDT 2004

Thanks for the response.

I know the original email was devoid of details, and that was intentional,
as the party has not yet filed a lawsuit, and hasn't even formally threatened
to do so.  They kind of pointed out that they might be considering threatening
to file a suit.

I'm trying to be pre-emptive, so if they do happen to do anything, I know
where I stand, legally, before they actually start doing it.

However, after doing a little bit of my own legal research, I don't feel
they have enough of anything for it to be worth it to them to file.  I
kinda get the feeling that it was one employee trying to make a
name for himself, and that their legal department won't even bother to
consider his request that they do something about it.  However, I still
intend to contact a lawyer, because I need to have a lawyer I can contact
for business purposes anyway.

Overall, I'm glad I didn't mention details about the company involved, as
I don't think it was the company doing this, but just one employee who
should never have made such a threat of a threat anyway.  Time will tell,
though.  And I appreciate your response.

Bill Moran
Potential Technologies
http://www.potentialtech.com