[wplug] Re: Open Source Picnic on August 8th

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 10:56:56 EDT 2004

Here's the list again, in convenient non-attached Emacs Outline
format. I'll be reposting it as changes get made.

The picnic is August 8th. Beth Lynn will provide the location and
driving directions (since I've forgotten them right now). We'd love it
if you all could attend!

IMPORTANT: We're still looking for another grill. If you can bring
one, you'll be a hero!

*What people are bringing:
**Jonathan Billings:
Grill, meat of various types.
**Dirk Kalp:
Corn on the cob, salt, butter, healthy margarine. Another grill for
non-meat, a whiffle ball and bat, perhaps a volleyball net.
**Beth Lynn Eicher:
A map to the event, ketchup, mustard, disposable tablecloths, rigatoni.
**Evelyn Chao:
Pop (cola, diet cola, non-cola), bowls for snacks.
**David Ostroske:
Potato chips, Foreman grill, card games, and a rubber mallet for
beating down idiots. :-)
**Vance Kochenderfer:
Potato salad.
**Mark Dalrymple:
Utensils, plates, napkins, flatware, paper towels.
**Markdude:
Fruit salad, frisbees, basketballs.
**Tom Rhodes:
A cake, a watermelon, and a machete (in case we get more idiots :-)

*What we need:
You. (C'mon over!)
A third grill for more meat or corn. (URGENT!!)
Deserts. Everyone likes deserts, so bring what you like.
Ride-sharing. (Best handled on the mailing list.)
Folding chairs are encouraged.

*What the facilities offer:
Covered grove with seats and tables.
A pool. You need to pay to use it.
Basketball court.
A tennis court within walking distance.
Plenty of field space (for whiffleball and whatnot).
Swings and slides and other playground equipments (includes baby seats).
Bathrooms.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>