[wplug] Greetings to my Linux friends

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Sat Jul 17 17:31:51 EDT 2004

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 13:48:07 -0400 (EDT)
"Mr. David Bersson" <frater-sphinx at excite.com> wrote:

> Greetings all
>
> Right now I'm using Libranet 3.0 on a 40 gig on my first harddrive and
> Storm Linux on my second harddrive with a 20 Gig, and I'm planning to
> give Storm another Kernel within a week or two.

O.K. - I am jealous, 60 Gigs in one box.  Even if I added up
all the hds in my box, my wife's, my daughters, my laptop, my file
server and my firewall I wouldn't even get 20 Gigs.  :-}

Then again, considering the only thing I can think that would need
60gigs is multimedia stuff, and I really don't have a lot of processor
speed either.  My box is a 500MHz, 160MB RAM, and 2 drives equaling 9
gigs. And it is the 2nd best machine in the house (wife has best) I
guess that is the beauties of Linux - I have a modern OS, with all the
bells and whistles that "I" want, and I can have it on old hardware.

Just ranting a little - nothing personal.  Guess I just need to start
saving a little to get a new box :-)