[wplug] ifconfig

Logan lws118 at psu.edu
Fri Jul 16 22:27:49 EDT 2004

> Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you need to run depmod before you try
> to modprobe anything.  I would try that first, then try to
> /sbin/modprobe tulip

when I try that I get an error saying that it can't find
/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/modules.dep (which doesn't exsist, the folder is
2.4.26) I created a link at that address to the correct folder and got "depmod:
/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/modules.dep is not an ELF file" (or "cannont read ELF
headder")

I don't seem to be able to specify where to look for the file with depmod.
modules.dep is empty

The Internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it.
	John Perry Barlow.