[wplug] LDAP

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Thu Jul 15 07:23:50 EDT 2004

	I would encourage anyone considering a directory in a "mixed"
environment to investigate this fully before making Active Directory the
"owner" of an LDAP environment - once AD owns the tree you are pretty
much screwed on getting authentication pieces from it for the Windoze
part of the world.  Understand that MS-AS can be a _part_ of a directory
structure with no problem, it's just that when it's the top level owner
that you will have nightmares getting things working consistently
between OSes
	If you need "easy LDAP" I would look at Novell NDS before
MS-AD.... and it is fully supported under Linux (heck, it will be in the
core of the next SuSE/Novell release).

Don