[wplug] [wplug-announce] GUM Rsync July 17 10am-2pm CMU NSH 1507

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Jul 13 23:45:10 EDT 2004

Hello,

Western PA Linux Users Group will be hosting a General Users Meeting
featuring "Cheesy Backups with rsync" It will be held on this Saturday
July 17th 2004 from 10am to 2 pm  at Newell Simon Hall 1507. This meeting
is free and open to the general public.

Please visit our new Maps and Directions page
http://www.wplug.org/pages/wplugmap/
Please note that our phone number is currently 412 268 7564
If you've never been here before make sure you print out the directions!

GUM TOPIC: "Cheesy Backups with rsync"
Speakers: Mark Dalrymple
Host: Beth Lynn Eicher
CoHost: Jonathan Billings

Talk Abstract:
Backing up important data is one of those things we know we should do, but
rarely ever do. And then a problem happens. Your hard drive fails, or your
toddler covers your hard drive with cheeze-whiz. If you have multiple
machines, you can use rsync to move important data between them. For this
GUM, markd will show how he uses rysnc to backup data from his websites,
and locally to backup a notebook computer.

Schedule
* Doors will open at 10am to NSH 1507
* Coffee and Donut Hour 10am-11am
* "Cheesy Backups with rsync" talk 11am-Noon
* Geeks Eating Pizza Noon-ish - 1pm in NSH 1507
* Hot Topic 1pm-2pm
* General Socialization 1pm-2pm

See you there!

Beth Lynn

upcoming events...
Sunday August 8 3rd Annual Open Source Picnic
Saturday August 12 SAMBA