[wplug] Wireless Card in Linux

abhishek soni abhia7 at netscape.net
Mon Jul 12 11:14:48 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone,

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2430 S-255 notebook and I am pretty happy
with the Fedora Core 2 install on it. I recently purchased the Netgear
802.11 g wireless card WG511T. In Linux, it recognises the card because
when I do a "dmesg" it gives all of the card parameters correctly. Also
the Wi-Fi monitor detects the device and the Atheros chipset on which
this card is based. Unfortunately I do not know how to get this card
activated, i.e. how to make it recognise that there is a wireless router
at home.

Any experiences, help, websites, pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Abhishek