[wplug] Problems trying to make boot/root disk set

Carl Benedict cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com
Sun Jul 4 04:46:26 EDT 2004

> I've also tried copying some of the smaller libraries (ld-2.3.2.so, for example)
> in toto, with no stripping at all.  Even *that* implodes.  What the agfu could
> it be about my libraries and/or the way I build them that allows them to work
> on a hard disk partition, but not from ramdisk?  I can get somewhere if I build
> busybox statically, but that still leaves me with the problem of the libraries
> associated with the e2fsprogs.

I've have also been building a recovery / utility disc lately, although
mine will be CDROM-based.

Exactly what kind of error messages / failures do you get?  At what
point does the failure occur?

I have been using chroot and bochs to test my images.  Both are
definitely time-saving and useful utilities.

--
Carl Benedict
Pittsburgh Techs
cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com