[wplug] Problems trying to make boot/root disk set

Hagbard Celine wplug at wplug.org
Sat Jul 3 05:53:12 EDT 2004

I've been banging my head against a wall for some time, trying to make a
boot/root floppy set for rescue/utility purposes.  The attempts are based
upon:

Kernel:   2.4.26
Glibc:    2.3.2
Busybox:  0.60.5

After a good deal of playing with this, I've determined that any attempt to
reference a shared library fails.  The shared libraries are the selfsame
libraries that are in use on my production systems with no problems, save
for stripping the debugging information for the sake of size.  Interestingly
enough, there are no library reference failures if I use a new root disk with
one of the boot disks I made with a 2.2 series kernel, many moons ago.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening, and a solution to the
problem?

Many much thanks,
Hagbard