[wplug] NFS mount problem

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Fri Jul 2 00:01:06 EDT 2004

I want to thank everyone that responded, It was a big help.  I was able
to find that 'linuxbox' was showing dropped packets, but no one else
was.  After a google search, I found a cure --I changed the option in
/etc/fstab from rsize=8192 to rsize=1024,wsize=1024.  That seems to have
done the trick.

Now does anyone have an idea why the laptop can be rsize=8192, but the
desktop has to be rsize=1024 ?  Should I change all my network mounts to
rsize=1024?

My systems are as follows --

Desktop -
  hostname = linuxbox
  kernel   = 2.4.18-386 (pre-complied)
  Distro   = Debian Woody
  Memory   = 160MB
  CPU      = 500MHz
  NIC      = Macronix MX987xx Family Fast Ethernet Adapter
             10/100Mbps using Tulip Driver

Laptop -
  hostname = Thinkpad
  kernel   = 2.4.18  (custom build)
  Distro   = Debian Woody
  Memory   = 32MB
  CPU      = 166MHz
  NIC      = MicroPlus Wireless Card 802.11b
             11Mbps using the atmel driver

File Server -
  hostname = Kingpin
  kernel   = 2.4.18-386 (pre-compiled)
  Distro   = Debian Woody
  Memory   = 64MB
  CPU      = 166MHz (might be 100MHz, can't remember)
  NIC      = Macronix MX987xx Family Fast Ethernet Adapter
             10/100Mbps using Tulip Driver

Sorry for the long post, just hoping for a little insite -