[wplug] Gnome Window Size defaults w/ Mozilla

William Powell billpwl1 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 31 11:32:55 EST 2004

There is an annoying trait I have found when using Mozilla in the Gnome
2.0 environment.

If Mozilla  is closed/terminated/killed while in full screen(maximized)
mode, it completely forgets the size of the window was in when it was
not in full screen(unmaximized) view.

When you restart Mozilla it starts in maximized mode as I would expect.
When you unmaximize the window, it always defaults to a window that is
several hundred pixels larger than the current screen size of 1280 x
1024.  This forces you to drag the window around the desktop until you
can find a resize corner to make the window smaller.

Is this just a 'feature' to which I have failed to gain insight?

I can understand if you use the kill command to terminate the Mozilla,
the last window position/size may not be remembered.

Shouldn't that position/size be remembered by the program when it is
terminated by normal/friendly methods?

Is there a GNOME configuration file where those window traits are kept?

Bill

--
Linux:  It's the way to go!