[wplug] Anyone familiar with a commercial X server from Xi Graphic

Joseph Greenawalt jgreenawalt at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 30 14:05:51 EST 2004

at work i just wait until the my laptop is booted then connect the
projector.
On dell it's fn + F5 to get it to display outward externally then again
to display both.
If you have that option to cycle through the display, this could solve
your problem
RH9-Dell Latitude C640

Jennifer Landefeld wrote:

> Sorry, should have been more specific about machine and issue:
>
> This is the Thinkpad X31 I've been working on lately. The chipset is:
> ATI M6-C16h with 16Mb VRAM  (Video12.1" XGA(1024x768) TFT color)
>
> The issue is that when connected to a projector (Proxima, pro
> projectors here on CMU campus) when already booted AND the projector
> has been running in 1024x768 (perhaps after a Win presentation?) all
> is well... it mirrors the display correctly in 1024.
>
> If the X31 (running Red Hat 9) is rebooted, or connected to the
> projector first then booted the projector defaults to 800x600 (highly
> annoying as the projector SHOULD default to 1024 -- go figure).
> Nothing short of hooking up a Windows (blech) notebook to the
> projector will get the Proxima back to 1024.
>
> I've now found two other people who have experienced this under Linux
> but, I'm waiting for their replies as to what flavor they are using.
>
> -jenn
>

> On Thursday, January 29, 2004, at 08:24  PM, Bryon Gill wrote:
>
>> What kind of graphics chipset does the laptop have?
>>
>> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Jennifer Landefeld wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I've got a request to attempt to remedy video issues by installing a
>>> commercial X server from XI Graphics (see quote from requester below).
>>> Anyone familiar with this X server? Any reason I shouldn't switch him
>>> to this that you know of?

>>> Thanks!
>>> jenn

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message, together with any attachments, may be legally privileged
and is confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  It is exempt from
disclosure under applicable law including court orders.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or copy of this message, or any attachment,
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please notify the original sender and delete this message, along with
any attachments, from your computer.