[wplug] eMachines?

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Thu Jan 29 11:10:44 EST 2004

wplug-admin at wplug.org wrote:
> Quick afterthought though, I have heard some new ThinkPads don't play
> nice with ACPI, which could be a problem for running Linux.
	There was a kernel update to Centrino support recently, this might
help.... there were lots of non-functional things there....   but I know
that "user friendly" ACPI support is still a bit shaky.
	Interesting duality with IBM there - they're kicking out Microsoft
all over the place, but the laptops are still owned by the OS.  Intel really
dropped the ball on supporting Centrino anywhere but under Windoze.

> But, I've
> had no problems with my 1400i-2612 purchased in '99.  I actually get
> better battery life with Linux than with WinXP, which is
> weird but I'm
> not complaining (of course the battery isn't 5 years old).
	I've always had better battery life under Linux.

Don