[wplug] eMachines?

Jason Dunn jrd154 at psu.edu
Thu Jan 29 10:45:20 EST 2004

I have to agree with this.  I work at Penn State and see many many
computers, especially laptops, and the ones that always last are the
IBM's over Dell's.  I use a Dell laptop and an IBM laptop and the Dell
is currently in for service for a floating pointer (which I've seen many
others do also) and a busted CD/DVD drive.  Whereas my IBM has been put
through the rigors of being pretty mobile just like my Dell and I've had
absolutely no problems with it.  Dell laptops just don't seem to hold up
as well construction wise.

I must say however, that when my Dell works, it's great, but IBM gets my
vote for reliability.

Jason Dunn