[wplug] eMachines?

Ryan Brown wplug at tblive.com
Thu Jan 29 09:02:38 EST 2004

What do you use for servers then if you have any? I used to always make my
own servers but I found it was a waste of my time if a part went bad within
3 years (atleast 1 hard drive would go bad for sure in that period). With
Dell's 4 hour response, 24x7x365x3 they will be here within 4 hours at any
time to change parts. Up until recently I used to colo all of my equipment
in Los Angeles. This would sure be a pain in the ass to change drives, add
memory, etc being in Pittsburgh. With the Dell support contract they would
go to the data center and do the changes I needed. Yes Dell is expensive
compared to home built boxes, but I find the support I receive definitely
worth it. I have yet to find a rack case that compares to the quality, ease
of opening / swapping parts / and sleek design of a Dell 1750 / 2650 model.

Also as for Dell pricing, they have a mailing list where they constantly
email you 10 or 15 % off coupons. So this helps in reducing the price. You
can also buy these coupons off people on Ebay (they are one time use
coupons) if you do not want to join their mailing list.

Ryan