[wplug] eMachines?

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Thu Jan 29 08:21:43 EST 2004

Guy Patten [gpatten at verizon.net] wrote:
> You couldn't give me a Dell or any other OEM system.
	What?  For an all-out game machine I suppose that you could do
better (price / performance wise) building it from parts, but if you're
looking for a low-ball server or entry level PeeCee for the kids or as a
gift you cannot beat the stuff from Dell.  I've built a total of 6 of them
as gifts over the last 3 years and every one of them is still running rock
solid.  I also have an 8200 myself that I sue for DVD authoring and it's
been in heavy use for 2 years with little issue.  Dell is doing a full
system with a 17" flat panel monitor delivered to your door for $500 - you
can hardly find the monitor alone for $300, and that's something not worthy
of consideration???

	OTOH - I have a basement full of Abit motherboards that all flamed
out in under 12 months.  I have an awesome Shuttle xPC - but that cost me
over a grand to get together.

	So if someone was offering you a loaded IBM e325 you wouldn't take
it??  Or an HP rx2600??  What an awesome statement.... you've got some high
standards!

Don