[wplug] eMachines?

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Thu Jan 29 08:13:15 EST 2004

wplug-admin at wplug.org wrote:
> Buy a Dell.
>
> You can get the Poweredge 400SC tower server for around $250 (I have
> seen as low as $228) after rebates when they run their specials
> (almost every week).
>
> P4 2.26 ghz, 128 ram, 40 GB hard drive, CDrom. Also has SATA
> connectors on the board and 1 year warranty.
	Don't know what Dell site you use, but I've been watching these
servers for a long time and have _never_ seen pricing like that.  The config
you mention above (actually with a 2.4 P4) is $348, and that's aboot as
cheap as I've ever seen.  The 2GHz Smelleron is at aboot $250 tho.  They're
currently doing 256MB of ram at the 128 price.  Still, it's arguable that at
that price it's a great deal....

Don