[wplug] LPI

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Wed Jan 28 01:09:00 EST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 joe at terrarum.net wrote:

> I'm planning on taking the LPI 101 & 102 tests and was wondering if anyone
> else on the list has already done so. If there are.. what did you think
> about it? How did you prepare for it?

Um. I didn't really prepare for it specifically. I went to the test center
to take an unrelated exam, and ended up taking and passing all 4 of the
existing LPI exams.
While I didn't study specifically for them, linux had been my primary
occupation since 1999 (a hobbiest since 1994/5 :), and seeing the way
other people can break things is probably helpful.

They say they wrote the exams to be distribution neutral, but I seem to
remember questions related to dealing with debianism in a RH world and
vice versa. (I don't think I can elaborate because of the NDA you have to
sign to take the exam.)

You might consider taking one or more beta exams from
http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/betatests.xml
The ones offered change from time to time, but there is currently a RH9
exam available.

-james