[wplug] Wireless VPN

Patrick Weber paw160 at psu.edu
Tue Jan 27 11:53:48 EST 2004

I am running RH9.0 on a laptop.  I have a NetGear MA401 wireless pcmcia
card that I have been trying to get working with the wireless network at
my school (penn state).  RH uses the orinoco_cs driver and configures
the device as eth1.  I am able to lease an IP using DHCP just fine.
When I run my VPN client (Cisco VPN Client) it says that it is
initializing IPSec and then says that it is trying to communicate with
the gateway.  At this point it fails and says that "the remote peer has
stopped communicating".  Has anyone dealt with a problem like this
before?

Thanks,
-Pat Weber
paw160 at psu.edu