[wplug] new to linux and bewildered

Mark Umbel marku at nauticom.net
Sat Jan 24 14:10:01 EST 2004

hello to all and i am hoping you can give me some advice. i am
considering installing linux on my machine but am confused about which
one will work. i use a imac 333 g3. most work is online (mozilla) to
download and search in woodworking websites and e-mail with old navy
buddies. small amount of desktop work is easily handled by appleworks
and itext, etc.
i would probably run firebird, nedit, and maybe a half-dozen other
programs on linux which would allow lots of room on my hard drive even
if partitioned. can any of you rec. a powerpcg3 linux that might do the job?
thanks for any help you can give me.

mark umbel