[wplug] Re: Linux geeks

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Fri Jan 23 23:52:41 EST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Beth Lynn wrote:

> You will surely see people like this find Linux since they're
> sick of all that is Microsoft, but my mother isn't ready, yet.

Not to brag, but my mother has been using Linux for about three
years now.  She doesn't even really know it; all she cares about
is using e-mail, word processing, and solitaire.  The grandkids
don't seem to mind, either - it took them about five seconds to
find Frozen Bubble.  None of them have any discernable opinion
on Microsoft.  :)

Those who are used to dealing with Windows and Windows-only
applications will find it harder to adjust, but it may not be as
difficult as it seems.

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger

Internet Onramp Servivce: The true $8.95 Service
Visit http://www.ionramp.net

SPECIAL NOTE:
Protect your home and family this year from Christmas tree fires:
Visit http://www.treesafe.com for more information!