[wplug] user friendly floppy program

Brian Sammon brians+ at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 23 17:54:09 EST 2004

I'm looking for a program that provides a Windoze/Mac - like interface to the
floppy.  IE: an icon on the desktop that is always there, regardless of
whether there is a floppy in the drive, which you can click on to access the
floppy and has an interface for formatting the floppy (with (V)FAT as the
default)

This is for a machine running Debian Stable and Gnome 1.4 (part of debian
stable), which has the clumsy "drivemount" applet.  The "drivemount" applet is
not quite as nice as I would like.
Answers closest to that baseline are most likely to be used.

However, I'd also be interested in a wide range of answers.
I can't seem to find a webpage about this.