[wplug] Alltel PPPOE Broken

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Fri Jan 23 10:25:19 EST 2004

I have a RH 7.2 box running on SMB, iptables, and acting as a gateway to the
internet for the SMB environment. I did an update via 'up2date' and included
with that the kernel (2.4.20-20.7 ->2.4.20-28.7). I figured it to be no
problem but after a reboot DSL will no longer connect. One other note is the
I reapplied my iptables script prior to rebooting and it barked about a few
things being changed, so I went to reboot but the server did it on it's own.
After a fsck it booted without error but still won't work. I believe the
reboot and patches to be a non-related issue but you never know.

Using rp-pppoe-3.5-1 and output is:
"adsl-start

........TIMEDOUT	 /usr/sbin/adsl-start:line191:9648 terminated
$CONNECT"$&">/dev/null 2>&1
"

I even reverted back to the old 2.4.20-20.7 kernel to see if that was the
issue with no luck. I reran the adsl-setup script to verify
username-password. I even logged on to the Alltel web managment interface
(from another location) to verify that the account was still active and
working. The DSL modem is an Efficient 5200 and the DSL light is on and
solid which implies the link is active.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremey Wise (440)-519-6006
Systems Consultant(CNE,MCSE,CSE)
Agilysys, Inc.