[wplug] More upsetting Linux press

Tim Lesher tim at lesher.ws
Fri Jan 23 00:42:20 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 07:19:53PM -0500, Phil wrote:
> Maybe they don't get it that you don't need to cut - just highlight.  Or
> they needed to come up with something funny to make the windows people
> keep reading?

It's worse than that, of course.  Different apps definitely treat this
differently.  X apps use left/right for mark and middle for
paste. Gnome apps use left for mark, middle for paste, and right for a
context menu.  And try copy-pasting from emacs into Mozilla:  the 98/2
ratio seems to be about what I see.

> Well, Mr. Leading Developer of Linux Applications - - don't write buggy
> code you nucklehead!  :)  Sheesh!

It's far worse than one person's code.  Even though the spin of the
article was (in the first half, at least) pretty negative, I can't
disagree with anything the quoted folks said.

--
Tim Lesher <tim at lesher.ws>
http://www.lesher.ws