[wplug] iRiver iFP under Linux

Brian Roberts ch at shot1.org
Thu Jan 22 23:20:31 EST 2004

I'm currently running Mepis Linux and when I plug in my Iriver it auto
mounts sda1 and sda3,  although when I look in those directories I see a
ton of garbage.   After looking around the net I found a hint somewhere
that said to mount sda4 to actually see the data on the flash.

I believe I did some thing like this as root:
mount -t auto /dev/sda4 /mnt/mp3player

I cheated and watched the my /etc/fstab file when the automount
happened, and I copied it to make an sda4 entry.   The entry looks like
this.
/dev/sda4 /mnt/mp3player auto noauto,users,sync,noatime 0 0

 I don't currently have the device in front of me, but I believe that is
the correct mount command, I can check it when i get home.

Hope this helps.
Brian