[wplug] linux embedded appliances?

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Thu Jan 22 12:44:34 EST 2004

	http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04022/264254.stm

	I think this is the story someone was talking about.

	Ian James seems to have his own head jammed into his ass, but then
again we know that not much (any at all?) of Red Square Systems' business
is Linux. They seem hell bent on charging their customers as much as
absolutely possible, whether RS benefits from this or not.

	"I never sit down with customers whose burning question of the
moment is whether we should go to Linux," said Iam James, chief executive
officer of IT consultant Red Square Systems. "You can save money by
avoiding licensing costs, but there aren't as many applications. With
Microsoft products, it's easier to find more qualified people to deal with
them."

	Obviously, their definition of "qualified" means Microsoft
Certified. I woner what applications he's talking about that don't run on
Linux -- Citrix?

	I'm not Anti-Microsoft by any means, but when you ask an
uninformed Microsoft-only vendor about Linux, you're gonna get some FUD.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi