[wplug] linux embedded appliances?

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Jan 22 10:27:35 EST 2004

Hi,

We all know that the Tivo is an linux embedded consumer appliance
but I was just wondering....

Are there any others that are escaping me?

The reason why I ask is the reporter from the Post Gazette asked me
and none came to mind.

Surely there are plenty of industrial Linux embedded tools and
appliances out there but due to their proprietary nature, I
can't name one either.

The coke machine around here comes to mind but that's a bunch of
grad students goofing off and not a product.
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~coke/
(sorry, I don't think the camera images work for ipaddrs outside 128.2)

Thanks,
Beth Lynn