[wplug] setting up an old laptop

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Tue Jan 20 18:21:13 EST 2004

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 00:16, Ben Beige wrote:
> Well I've gotten a base install of debian up and going I dunno how to
>  get the wireless card working though

You might cheat and boot KNOPPIX and see if it recognizes the card, and
then build/load the module in Debian. Or you might do it the "proper"
way, which is lspci -vv and then trying to figure out what your card
is, if it has modules for Linux and where these are.

I'd go with #1 :-)

Usually finding out which driver is appropriate is the toughest part of
getting it to work.

Cheers

-A