[wplug] LaTeX?

Mike Sussman msussman at na-net.ornl.gov
Mon Jan 19 18:41:11 EST 2004

Brandon,

If you haven't already figured it out, LaTeX is part of teTeX.
I have a RH9 setup with the following rpms:
tetex-fonts-1.0.7-66
tetex-latex-1.0.7-66
xmltex-20000118-13
tetex-1.0.7-66
tetex-dvips-1.0.7-66
jadetex-3.12-9
passivetex-1.21-2
tetex-afm-1.0.7-66
tetex-xdvi-1.0.7-66
These all came from RH when I told it to install TeX.

To see if you have latex, just type "latex" and see what the
error message is.  If you give it a file named, say, stuff.tex,
then it will produce a file named stuff.dvi.  You use
xdvi stuff.dvi to see the file (or use kdvi or whatever).  You
print the realization with dvips.  There is also pdflatex if you
like pdfs, but you need to know a little before using it.  Also,
latex2html is included for generating web pages with lots of
math in them.

You might want to look for lyx, a gui front end to LaTeX.
--
Mike Sussman
msussman at na-net.ornl.gov