[wplug] Laptop Crashing

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Mon Jan 19 16:42:39 EST 2004

On Monday 19 January 2004 20:48, Vanco, Don wrote:
> wplug-admin at wplug.org wrote:
> > Laptop is ....running Redhat 9.0
> > ...most of the software was not installed by RPM.
>
> 	I have never had decent stability with systems of this type of
> profile.  Given the relative fragility of laptops in general, and the
> T23 under Linux in particular, I don't know how well you can expect
> to fare....

Bah, my T23 fares pretty well under Linux.

> Is it safe to assume that your "custom kernel" has ACPI
> tweaks in it? (don't think the T23 played nice with APM at all)

It plays just fine with APM (not ACPI).
It can
+ turn off its monitor
+ use the builtin keyboard light
+ poweroff completely (ATX style)
+ go to sleep

All this with Debian, but it has also worked with RH 7.3 and 8.0 for a
few months.

In conclusion, I wouldn't blame it on the Linux/T23 combo :-)

Have you checked your logs for any suspicious messages appearing since
last week?

-A