[wplug] Calendar sharing

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Jan 15 15:54:04 EST 2004

Hello,

I heard yahoo groups has a calendar feature that I've been meaning to
play with.

Here are a few ways the technology really helped with the wedding.
* When I sent out invitations, I labeled the RSVP cards discretely with
a unique number. When RSVP cards came in the mail, we were able to
quickly identify who they where from and check off in a spread sheet
if they could or could not attend. This sounds corny at first but
it helps alot since some people don't have the best handwritten.
It also makes the list sortable so you can quickly identify who has
yet to RSVP.
* Get use an envelope printing program. The one I used was $30 but
worth it since you were able to customize the envelope size. It
was fully functional windoze shareware so you can try before you
buy. The name of the software escapes me at the moment, but ask
me about it later if interested.
Having a printer that can handle thick envelopes is also a plus.
* Since my handwriting isn't the greatest either, I was determined
to let the printer do the work. Avery makes table place cards
(aka tent cards). You should be able to pickup some at an office
supply store.
# we located a great priest at www.theknot.com
* when it came to the honeymoon planning stage, we spent countless
hours on travel website and we ended up picking the hotel that all
of the websites suggested for us. We had a great time there.

all of the best!

Beth Lynn