[wplug] Introduction and AFS question

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu Jan 15 14:48:51 EST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
> "configure: error: no available sys_call_table access method"

I've gotten this error a few times, but I usually wait a bit and a new RPM
becomes available that works. From listening to some of the openafs
developers, they hate linux, or possibly linux kernel developers who make
the kernel a such moving target. The method to find the system call table
that works in one kernel will break in the next kernel release. I'm told
NFS has a hook of some kind to to work, and afs would need one too, but
openafs developers have been told to wait until the problem can be thought
out.

The most recent machine I had trouble compiling on was a RHEL 3.0
workstation machine. Compiling on AS had no problems, so I'm not sure what
the difference between those two is. Last weekend 1.2.11 was released to
fix an epoch bug. (Where were you when half the seconds from epoch to
doomsday elapsed?) Derek Atkins released an RPM for RH 9, and RHEL3, so if
you haven't cheecked since Monday, check for a new version.

-james