[wplug] setting hostname

Henry Umansky hmust2+ at pitt.edu
Thu Jan 15 08:58:55 EST 2004

Hello,
I have a server that is virtually hosting a few websites for my friends and
others.  I give everyone shell access with SSH and on the command line I
want the prompt to read "[username at hostname] $" where hostname is the
virtual domain name they used to login.  So say friend 1 logins to domain1
and friend 2 logins to domain 2, I want the prompts to read
"[friend1 at domain1]$" and "[friend2 at domain2]$" respectively.  Now of course
both of those domains resolve to the same IP address.  I was just wondering
if there was a way I can use sshd to figure out what hostname they typed in
and set HOSTNAME accordingly.  Maybe I'm not able to figure out that with
sshd, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know.  Thank you.

-Henry