[wplug] Linux on my Sparc Station

Carl Benedict cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com
Wed Jan 14 19:57:06 EST 2004

I recently put NetBSD on a Sparc5 in hopes of building a new firewall
from it.  I had some trouble with the SUNW,hme network card.  Other than
that, it was painless ;)  You might want to check these out for Sun PROM
commands, etc.

Has a PDF version of the service manual:
http://www.obsolyte.com/sun_ss20/

NetBSD has good info on the PROM (check under their PROM section):
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/faq.html

I think everyone else covered the distro/linux question :)

My 2 cents.

Carl Benedict
Pittsburgh Techs
cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com