[wplug] another newbie question - video stuff on X31 - rh9

Jennifer Landefeld jennsbl at jennsbl.com
Wed Jan 14 12:12:50 EST 2004

Hi All,

We're having video issues. One of the suggestions on the
linux-on-laptops site for the IBM X31 is to add/change the following
lines in the XF86Config file:

Option "CRTOnly"
Option "CloneMode" "true"
Option "PanelOff" "true"

First, I'm having no luck locating the config file they reference.
Second, at a glance, does it look like the options above will solve the
issue outlined below?

The issues is:

When I first boot up the new laptop with the video cable plugged in
the back, the entire LCD display shows up on the projector and I can
view the entire boot dialog.  However, when booting completes and the
Gnome/KDE window system starts up, the projector output goes blank for
a second, and then comes back up in a different resolution mode and I
can only see part of the screen.

Many thanks!
Jenn