[wplug] SuSE font size help

Benjamin Slavin bslavin_list at wavecrazy.net
Mon Jan 12 23:38:33 EST 2004

As those of you who have a good memory may know, I've been dabbling with
SuSE lately.

I have SuSE 9.0 running on a 900MHz AMD Athlon system, and have just
finished the reinstallation from CD. Unfortunately, when I start KDE,
the fonts are rendered at about a milimiter in height. It's on a plasma
monitor, but it's still unintelligbly small. Changing the resolution
from 1024x768 to 640x480 unfortunately didn't make it any better (so far
as I can tell, the size is exactly the same).

I am able to start the terminal and use pico to edit all of the system
files (this is how I was able to change to 640x480), but YaST is useless
since I can't read anything on the screen (this is not an attack on
YaST, as any graphical setup tool would be unusable).

Any and all help would be very greatly appreciated. Right now I'm stuck
in my tracks in setting up the system.

Thanks so much,
  --Ben Slavin

PS - I look forward to seeing folks at the upcoming meeting!!