[wplug] Linux on my Sparc Station

Brian Sammon brians+ at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Jan 12 16:15:08 EST 2004

> I have an old Sun Sparc Station (I think it's a Sparc 20).   I initially
> bought it to learn Solaris, but I'd like to install some flavor of Linux on
> it now to use as an FTP server.
>
> Can anyone recommend a Sparc friendly distro?     Has anyone had any
> experience getting this up and running?  Good or bad.

I (or the club, I forget where it ended up) have a CD of Sparc Redhat 6 that
was donated to the club a while back.  It's a bit old, but it may do for your
purposes (You might have to give some serious thought to security issues with
such an old distro).  If you decide you'd like to use the CD, let me know.