[wplug] Continuing saga of rh9 on IBM X31

Jennifer Landefeld jennsbl at jennsbl.com
Sun Jan 11 19:25:30 EST 2004

First, many thanks for all the assistance with this install at the fest
on Saturday. It is greatly appreciated.

Now, on to a question: CD's no longer automount on the desktop.

What we did:

Installed rh9 standard distro
updated distro to current kernel (and the wholesale list of updates
were installed via rh up2date -- after we patched that to function
properly)
uninstalled OO installed with rh (v 1.0.x)
installed OO 1.1 from OO.org
attempted to install Matlab - from CD but did NOT have the license file
to complete that. Now, here's the odd thing, it mounted the CD's when I
first tried this.
not active on CMU internal via cable at my desk yet SO brought in a
Linksys wireless PCMCIA which was recognized right off.

Somewhere between the first attempt to load Matlab and working on it
BEFORE the wireless card was popped in it has ceased to automount the
CD.

Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,
Jenn