[wplug] (no subject)

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Sat Jan 10 07:33:07 EST 2004

Sometime in January Jason Dunn assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| If you're running KDE you might also find that artsd is running and that
| has caused me problems in the past.  I've found that it only runs when
| using KDE and that it will allow some programs to produce sound and
| others not.  I believe it was intended as a audio control program to
| allow multiple audio outputs to be produced at the same time, hoever I
| find it causes more problems than anything else.
|
| So just find the pid of artsd and kill it if it is running.
|
| Hopefully this helps.

i've also noticed something called esd running which seems to perform in a
manner similar to artsd. it's on a friends computer, so when he had
problems i just killed the daemon. since it doesn't reall effect me
directly, i didn't really bother with figuring out what was starting esd.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E