[wplug] (no subject)

Jason Dunn jrd154 at psu.edu
Fri Jan 9 16:50:53 EST 2004

If you're running KDE you might also find that artsd is running and that
has caused me problems in the past.  I've found that it only runs when
using KDE and that it will allow some programs to produce sound and
others not.  I believe it was intended as a audio control program to
allow multiple audio outputs to be produced at the same time, hoever I
find it causes more problems than anything else.

So just find the pid of artsd and kill it if it is running.

Hopefully this helps.