[wplug] (no subject)

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 16:24:49 EST 2004

There's an application called "gnome-volume-control" that will give you a
mixer.  Make sure that the Vol and Pcm sliders are at an adequate level,
and that the mute checkboxes are not checked on either one.  The other
sliders control various features on your sound chipset like cdrom volume
and speaker (system beep) volume.

Here's how to do the same thing from the command line (right click an
empty part of the screen and select "new terminal"):

If you run aumix from a terminal, you'll find there are multiple software
volume controls- usually the important ones are labeled "Vol" and
"pcm".  The "Vol" controls the overall volume for the system, "pcm"
controls the volume of most of the sound data that the computer generates.

Often there will be separate cdrom and midi volume controls, as well as
line in/line out volume and speaker volume (for the system beep volume).

If you heard the sound demo then that should be all you need to know.

Bryon