[wplug] Geeky things for tomorrow

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Jan 9 13:59:32 EST 2004

I just wanted to throw this out in case it interested anyone in any
way that changes what they were planning on doing at the installfest
tomorrow.

I have a few installation projects that I'm hoping to pursue tomorrow,
and these are totally "for fun"

1) DragonflyBSD: I'll be burning a DragonflyBSD cd, and I'm hoping to
    try to install it.  I've heard the installation procedure is pretty
    treacherous still, so it should be exciting.
2) Plan 9: I've had a Plan 9 install image on my HDD for months, and
    haven't had time to try it out.  For those that don't know, Plan 9
    was developed by Ken Thompson (the same fellow who invented Unix)
    and was intended to replace Unix by fixing the mistakes that were
    made by Unix.

I only have 1 PC to bring to try this stuff out on, so if anyone else
has some spare hardware laying around they want to bring, it should
make things interesting.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies