[wplug] DWL-650 Wireless NIC

Patrick Weber paw160 at psu.edu
Fri Jan 9 14:42:19 EST 2004

> I had a great 16 bit card that worked awesome, but not very durable when
> sitting at the bottom of a book bag.   I picked up a new dwl650 "g"
> model and could not for the life of me get it to work under Linux and or
> FreeBSD with the expirimental drivers

D-link apparently changed their cards from the old 16bit to the 32bit
Cardbus version without changing any product ID's or anything.  This is
especially confusing when both the old and new cards are on the same shelf
with no way to tell them apart unless you are VERY observant to the boxes.

I'm 95% sure that I have the older 16bit card.  How did you get that one
working? What driver did you use?

Thanks
-pat