[wplug] Re: Tux Racer

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Wed Jan 7 22:42:46 EST 2004

"Weber, Larry A" <laweber at switch.com> wrote:

> I have installed Linux (usually RedHat) on PC's with processors ranging from
> 130 MHz to over 1.0 GHz.  While almost everything has worked, one consistent
> failure is with Tux Racer.  This game is always extremely slow to recognize
> mouse movement and keyboard.

It's likely an OpenGL issue.  Try running "glxgears -info" and see what
you get.  On my 1.2 GHz Athlon with a Matrox G450 (hardly cutting-edge
hardware), I got 80+ frames per second with the gears window maximized.
If you're currently using software rendering, which sounds likely, it'll
take some futzing around with your XFree config files to get it to use
the right modules for your video card.

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger

Internet Onramp Servivce: The true $8.95 Service
Visit http://www.ionramp.net

SPECIAL NOTE:
Protect your home and family this year from Christmas tree fires:
Visit http://www.treesafe.com for more information!