[wplug] Modify SuSE modules

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Wed Jan 7 10:00:24 EST 2004

The issue was that I tried to compile a custom kernel and did the 'make
install' which removed the e100 module reference in /etc/modules.conf
because I compiled it into the kernel. The kernel had too much stripped out
so I canned it. Problem was when I rebooted to the old one no network. If I
did a 'modprobe e100' then ran /etc/rc.d/network start' the network came up
fine. I added 'eth0 e100' back into modules.conf thinking this would allow
all to work again but network still fails at boot. I am still getting use to
the "SuSE way of doing things" and so figured their was another approach to
getting startup dependencies fixed.

Thx.

Jeremey Wise (440)-519-6006
Systems Consultant(CNE,MCSE,CSE)
Agilysys, Inc.
Jeremey.Wise at Agilysys.com

IBM ED PACK -Part # SB033 $4,500 ... SP Discount 11%
IBM ED CARD - Part # SB218 $8,995 ... SP Discount 8.5%