[wplug] Telnet Server

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Tue Jan 6 15:18:43 EST 2004

It seems like a firewall is interfering since you can telnet to the
localhost, it is listening on port 23, and I'm assuming the two hosts
can ping each other.  That firewall can be local, remote, or between the
two.  I suggest running 'tcpdump -i eth0 port telnet' on the telnet
server to see what is happening.  You should see a syn, ack, and syn-ack
hand-shake, but you may not see the handshake at all if there is a
firewall.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer II
CCAC - College Office