[wplug] SuSE Questions

Robert Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Sat Jan 3 13:38:52 EST 2004

I was going to reply and say I could help if you were attempting a PCMCIA or
CardBus card but I have no experience with USB.

Then I realized that's not exactly true.  I have a Zaurus connected to my
system via USB and it's setup like a network interface.

I added a the file /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-usb0   (this could be usb1 or
usb2 or usb3 etc. depending which usb slot your system chooses).

Check your /var/log/messages to see what slot usb "slot" was chosen for the
adapter. Other info about the USB device will appear here such as the kernel
module chosen.

Here's the contents of the ifcfg-usb0 file:

STARTMODE=hotplug
BOOTPROTO='static'
IPADDR=192.168.129.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.
PREFIXLEN=24
BROADCAST=192.168.129.255
REMOTE_IPADDR=192.168.129.201

For you situation, you might just need to change BOOTPROTO to "dhcp.

Let me know if this helps,

Bob