[wplug] Here's an interesting conundrum

Carl Benedict cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com
Thu Feb 26 20:02:59 EST 2004

I was going to recommend something similar.  I recently updated my
girlfriends iMac and she wanted something newer than Netscape 4.7, since
it was having issues.  I wanted to go with Mozilla, but it only works on
OS X, so I tried Opera. It lets you set how it identifies itself in the
HTTP_USER_AGENT requests.  Many pages serve up content based on the
browser type returned from that string, so it could be a related
problem.  I don't know if they make Opera for Linux though, but it's
worth checking out.

--
Carl Benedict
Pittsburgh Techs