[wplug] ErieLUG boldly pushing forward [Fwd: [wplug-erie] Tod ays (2/22) Meeting]

Teodorski, Chris cteodorski at MahoningCounty.org
Thu Feb 26 08:37:22 EST 2004

Thanks to David and Beth Lynn who have been so instrumental in getting this
all up and running.  We wouldn't have even been able to get off the ground
without the support of these two.

Please feel free to join the ErieLUG list, even if only to lurk:

Also please feel free to join us at any and all of our meetings.  For the
Installfest, we are not above bribery.

Thanks,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: David Ostroske [mailto:eksortso at linuxmail.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 12:27 AM
To: WPLUG
Subject: [wplug] ErieLUG boldly pushing forward [Fwd: [wplug-erie] Todays
(2/22) Meeting]

Last Sunday, I attended the organizational meeting of ErieLUG, way up north
in Erie, PA. I'd promised Chris Teodorsky that I would tell everyone in
WPLUG about the goings-on up there. Unfortunately, Chris is better at
telling about goings-on than I am. So I'm forwarding his message from the
ErieLUG mailing list (which we're hosting on our server!)

Here are some highlights on future events:

Sunday, March 28 will mark the first planned meeting of ErieLUG, 1-4 PM at
Blasco Library.
Topic: Introducing GNU\Linux
A "whirlwind" tour of three top distros, three "live" CDs, and introductions
to the sort of software that you'd be willing to give up Windows for!

Saturday, April 24 is an InstallFest in Albion, PA. They can rent a firehall
for the event and spend all day... perhaps even into the night? Pittsburgh
gurus are acolytes are welcome. It'll be well worth the trip! Somebody said
"bribe them with pizza..." Mmm...

May 22nd (tentative) - Introduction to WINE. At Blasco Library. It's easy to
get to; drive off of I-79N onto Bayview, go left on State, and right
immediately after. Library's at the end of the road.

If anyone's interested in these events, I'm willing to offer a ride. My li'l
car holds up to four people, including me.

Looks like ErieLUG is getting off to a good, healthy start!
--
David Ostroske <eksortso at linuxmail.org>